How to fix iPhone Restore Error 1015 on Mac and Windows
|July 19, 2011||Posted by admin under How TOs|
Error 1015 occurs on iPhone 3G and 3Gs when you restore or downgrade your iOS 4.x to an older version, i.e. 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. The iPhone error 1015 normally occurs at the end of the downgrade/restore process when you are ready to reboot your iDevice. Follow to steps below to fix iPhone error 1015 using Mac and Windows.
How to fix iPhone Error 1015 Using Windows:
Get and save Cydia or TinyUmbrella before starting downgrade/restore. If your downgrade/restore process goes fine then no need to follow the rest of the process, else continue with the steps below.
1. Download Quickpwn and keep it on your desktop.
2. Go to C: \Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support and create a new folder and name it as “bin”.
3. Cut every other file in Mobile Device Support folder and paste it into the newly created “bin” folder.
4. Extract the QuickPwn zip file you downloaded earlier and double click the pineapple icon. QuickPwn will launch and will prompt you to power on your device. Follow the on-screen instructions to boot your device.
5. As the Apple logo appears on your phone, immediately close Quickpwn and disconnect your phone from computer.
Now your phone will boot normally with the previous version of iOS firmware. And yes, make sure that before syncing your phone again with iTunes, go to C: \Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin and copy and paste every file to Mobile Device support folder and delete the “bin” folder. It is important for iTunes to function properly in future.
How to fix iPhone Error 1015 Using Mac OS:
If you’re using Mac OS and want to fix iPhone error 1015 follow the steps below:
1. Download iRecovery for MAC OSX.
2. Extract the archive and run the terminal iRecovery.
3. Type the following string.
setenv auto-boot true
4. Reboot now your device by holding down the power button and the Home button and the previous firmware will run on your iDevice now!
Hope this guide will help you fixing iPhone restore error 1015.